Saturday

TIME OUT WITH VICTOR DIAMOND



Flipping through the profiles of Nigerian artistes, AKARDA crew found out, through a constructive measure, that a few of these music stars really were disciplined in the art of music and, professionally, dexterous when it comes to making music, a coordinated noise rather than cacophonous. Music entails rhythm, interval pauses and meticulous measure of notes. However, only a few adherently do music better in obeisance to its rudiments. I sincerely respect Shola Allyson and a selected few talents for this. Rather than disturbing, music is euphonious and helps soothe the soul and spirit.

On the contrary, many of the Nigerian artistes have considered music an escape route and the sharpest means to making ends MEAT. They deliberately fail to realize that what is worth doing at all, is worth doing well. It is only among Nigerian galaxy of music stars that many do not even know how to play, at least, one musical instrument. How pathetic! As we all undoubtedly know that Nigeria, among other African countries, is blessed with countless genres of music -- Afro music, Juju music, Hip hop music Reggae music, Fuji music, Apala music, Gospel music, Inspirational music and several more. Every genre is distinctive in its eccentric style and strangely beautiful packaging. There are two different classes of music audiences in the whole wide world and these could also be referred to as listeners. We have the class of those who consciously enjoy the mechanical organization of the beat or sound syncopation of music; while we have the class of those who are simply attentive to dictions, (i.e. different choices of words by musicians) or musical lines. 

AKARDA crew has found a young and talented Gospel artiste, who is not just a musician, but a trained and certified one. It should strike a core in our mind, the fact that Gospel music is not just a ministry of quacks who claim to be led into music by divine inspiration in quote, begging for honorary doctorate degree in music without a school Cert. No wonder they end up becoming Pop stars or Fuji collaborators. Talent is never enough! AKARDA crew found this young and promising Gospel star and has deemed it fit to open you all up to really good Gospel music. You can also freely download his special singles (WE DEY PRAISE) right on this blog with just a click.
Without much tiring ado, let’s go for Victor Diamond in the below brief but interesting interview.

AKARDA Crew
Hello…we are the AKARDA crew and we sincerely enjoy your musical performance out there on the stage. Can we meet you sir?

Victor Diamond
 Yeah…thanks a lot! My name is Victor Diamond Ogeleka.
 
AKARDA Crew
Hmmm…that’s nice to hear. Where exactly are you from? I mean your home-town or state of origin, you know.

Victor Diamond
Ok. I am from the Eastern part of Nigeria but I was born and grew up in Lagos, Oshodi precisely.

 AKARDA Crew
Educational background?

Victor Diamond
I had H.N.D in Music at The Polytechnics of Ibadan; Secondary school education was at Bolade Grammar School, Oshodi and Primary school Education at Local Government Primary School, Orile, Oshodi, Lagos. 

AKARDA Crew
Wow…that’s the Alma Mata of the likes of Shola Allyson…

 Victor Diamond
Yes, you are right.

AKARDA Crew
Why have you chosen music and what exactly is your own kind of music?

Victor Diamond
I would say music chose me, ‘cos I have been singing from a tender age. Also my own kind of music is Gospel. I have been inspired by God to praise Him. In doing this, I realized talent is not enough and that’s why I went for knowledge in Music technicality.

 AKARDA Crew
Aside music, any other area of interest?

Victor Diamond
Yes… Football. I also love meeting people

AKARDA Crew
Any favourite food too?

Victor Diamond
Hmmm…I think I love fufu with good egusi soup #smiles

AKARDA Crew
Can we know your turn off and on sir?

Victor Diamond
Just being honest makes me respect people and the other way round, turns me off. That’s it.

AKARDA Crew
Lest I forget sir, you made mention of the fact that you’ve been singing since your tender age, can you tell us, exactly when sir?

Victor Diamond
If I could still recollect vividly, I started featuring in the choir since I was thirteen years old. That’s when I formally began to express myself musically.

AKARDA Crew
Hmmm…It’s a long way back truly. If I may ask sir, what or who has been your inspiration.

Victor Diamond
God is the source of my inspiration because he must simply have created my parents for my inspiration. My parents are just so good to me that they encourage me. Through their encouragement, I am inspired.

AKARDA Crew
Hmmm…this is inspiring! Thanks for your time, Mr. Victor Diamond, we really appreciate your attention. Before we go sir, we would need you to give your fans out there words of encouragement.

Victor Diamond
Ok. To my people out there, I say, don’t, at any time in life, compromise being the best by doing your best. Thanks!

AKARDA Crew
Hmmm… that’s the word! Thanks Victor Diamond for you time once again. We also enjoin our readers to download his first single, WE DEY PRAISE by clicking on the link. Enjoy!